Date(s) - November 14, 2019
1:00 pm - 5:30 pm
80339 München , Bavaria , Germany
On November 14, 2019, the World Usability Day in Munich took place at smartvillage, provider of workshop and co-working space. From 1pm to 6pm the event addressed the theme of this year Designing for the future we want.
Design has a large influence in the human behaviors. We all believe that we can work on a better future on the long term, but frequently the work ends with the short term results.
To this large and complex topic we had 5 presentations:
- Design principles for machine learning and artificial intelligence in order to avoid unconscious bias – Dorith Mayer, Avanade
- Guidelines for augmented reality based on a research project for brain surgery – Dominik Zenth, UID
- Multi-device design and new UI technology such as voice interface leads to new scenarios. This requires to adjust the usability methods accordingly – Martin Jentsch and Johannes Huber, designaffairs
- Collaboration of a software agency for the digital transformation of a NGO – Konrad Jarocinski, netguru
- UX of digital assistants which create user experiences on their own – Dr. Christian Kahl, CyberSolutions
There were many interaction with the public through
- 1 podium discussion
- Interaction with the public during the presentations
- 5 workshops to find creative solutions around autonomous vehicles – Claudia Zöhrer, Usability Academy
- 1 Open Space with up to 7 slots with topics provided by the participants
- 2 coffee breaks 🙂
- 1 get together after the event
The detailed program is available in German at event web site.
More about the World Usability Day in Munich:
- Gold: Ergosign, Intralot
- Silver: balsamiq, designaffairs, IXDS
- Kaffee: Carl Zeiss Meditec
- Room: smartvillage – see the location in video