November 9, 2017
Well-designed user experiences allow for the uniqueness of people’s different strengths and believe to co-exist in a place of similarity and common ground. Tools and technologies that embrace similarities to tap into the potential of all people creates conditions that promote people to be their best selves, to cultivate and nurture people will produce better outcomes in all we do.
Poorly designed systems create an atmosphere of confusion as people try to figure out how to perform simple tasks that have not been design with the user in mind. In the worst cases, poorly designed technology can produce information and results that is not accurate, further adding to the notion of systems being rigged and information being portrayed as false.
User Experience designers and researching can impact the course of events by creating technology, products and services that are inclusive at their core.
Some relevant topics for this theme are:
- Universal Design: Creating technology and products that work for everyone
- Create more usable government websites
- Artificial intelligent (AI) systems supporting global inclusion
- AI systems to protect against bullying
- Empathy as a part of collaboration
- Social Change through Social Media
- Unity through Social Change
- Unity is inclusion
- Change through Inclusion
- Inclusion through Collaboration
- Global User Experience as a path towards inclusion
The agenda of awesomeness:
- A tour and demo of our state-of-the-art usability lab
- Explore and play with new technologies like brain activity monitoring, eye tracking and 3D gesture control systems
- A presentation and discussion on Inclusion Through UX
- Analyze the usability of your website and mobile applications
- Explore storyboarding and participatory design of a community application
- Play with some top secret revolutionary prototypes designed for Saudi
- Did we mention this is free and includes light refreshments?
And much much more, but most important of all, this is a great opportunity to meet and network with some of the most exciting, innovative and creative personalities in the city. So come one, come all, share the details with your friends and co workers. We can’t wait to see you!
It is the Year of Inclusion Through UX! Exciting times!!!