Presentations and Workshop on the topic of user engagement in the DesignLab University of Twente.
Keynote: Democratic Design Engagements, by Pelle Ehn, professor at the School of Arts and Communication, Malmö University, Sweden.
Presentations by practitioners
• Embedded User Engagement, Christian Suurmeijer, Benchmark Electronics
• Mind the Gap, Jos Thalen, Invocate
• Regulatory Expectations on user engagement for medical devices, Sonja Paus-Buzing - UL Wiklund
• Make more use of user testing, Tom Evers, D’Andrea & Evers Design
2 Workshops: a choice of five Methods & Tools sessions by researchers:
1. Participation in renovation, Stella Boess, TU Delft
2. Engaging users through low-tech visualizations, Frederick van Amstel, University of Twente
3. Emogram, Karin van Beurden, Gerard van Os, Saxion
4. Persuasive design case: safety helmets, Margot Stilma, senior researcher Industrial Design, Saxion
5. Engagement game: Managing stress with serious gaming, Maartje Bakhuys Roozeboom, TNO