- 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.: Registration and Photography (head shots for your resume or portfolio)
- 1:00 - 1:45 p.m.: Welcome and Keynote Speech
- 2:00 - 2:45 p.m.: Career Development Panel
- 2:45 - 3:45 p.m.: Open Fair - Photography, Resume and Portfolio Reviews, Career Development Table Topics
- 3:45 - 4:15 p.m.: Coffee / Snacks
- 4:15 - 5:15 p.m.: Group Mentoring (New to UX, or Career Changers)
- 5:15 - 6:00 p.m.: Career Networking, Open Networking, and Book Swap
OUR KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Ann Chadwick Dias is the Head of the User Experience Research team at Fidelity Investments. Her team oversees the User Research on all of Fidelity Investment's customer-facing digital experiences and focuses on the usability and accessibility of its interaction designs across various channels. She has presented on topics related to universal usability at numerous conferences. She also teaches in Bentley University’s graduate program for Human Factors in Information Design and periodically guest lectures at WPI. She has numerous publications in the field. Ms. Chadwick-Dias has partnered with AARP on such initiatives as “Older, Wiser, Wired” and has co-authored a book chapter on Web design in the Handbook of Human Factors and Computing Systems.
- Marguerite “Margy” Bergel is Director of Accessibility & Inclusive Design at Fidelity Investments. At Fidelity, Margy oversees Fidelity's Digital Accessibility program, which includes working with digital product teams to integrate Accessibility, building and maintaining tools to help teams bake Accessibility in, addressing customer questions and complaints about access issues, and user research. She actively researches and presents on usability, accessibility, and universal design topics. She has numerous publications in the field, teaches at the John Slatin AccessU Web Accessibility Conference organized by Knowbility, and most recently lectured at WPI’s UX Symposium. Margy looks forward to the day when “accessible” is a redundant descriptor for anything related to the web, mobile, or technology, in general.
- No need to bring a printed ticket - we will have electronic check-in available.
- Coffee and snacks will be provided during the afternoon break.
- No refunds after November 7th, but you can transfer your ticket to a friend or co-worker using Eventbrite.
Find out how we will support your efforts throughout the event.
Bring at least one book if you would like to participate in the swap. All UX or technology books are welcome. Book swap participants will get first pick.
- Sign up to be a mentor and get free admission
- Sign up to sponsor the UX Fair if you are a recruiter or vendor