The Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology will be participating in this world wide event by hosting a full day series of industry talks and workshops. The industry talks will be targeted towards providing insight into the mechanisms adopted by industry to enrich user experience and user engagement. In addition a series of workshops will be designed to provide participants insight into user profiling and UI design. The Speakers presenting at this event will be from leading organizations in the software development industry such as: UX Colombo, 99X, Zone 24x7 and IFS.
The event will focus on spreading and sharing knowledge and expertise in the area of usability engineering and User experience. Speakers from industry will give rich insight in to methodologies and practices adopted. The event Speakers will be as follows:
- Methni Dassanayake - Senior Business Analyst with 8 years of industry experience assisting large scale international clients in multiple business domains to optimize their processes and implement business solutions. She has a Master of Business Administration degree from Postgraduate Institute of Management; and a first class degree in B.Sc.(Sp.) in Management and Information Technology from University of Kelaniya. Currently employed as Senior BA/Project Manager at Hemnette Information Technology - Sydney, Australia.
- Hasanga Abeyaratne - Hasanga is a UX Lead at 99X Technology. He helps engineers to craft software products under different platforms and enjoys being a part of a thriving community. He is also an UX advocate and a speaker in many tech forums. He loves coffee.
- Ashaff Hussain - Ashaff is a Business Analyst at 99X Technology and has experience with mobile apps, and web based systems across a range of business domains. He's a Business Analysis & Development, User Experience, and outdoor activity enthusiast.
- Michael Lu – He is the current head of the UX department at Zone24x7 with a team of seven other UI engineers. He has been in the industry for about seven years, and has worked in a multitude of applications, for many device types included mobile, tablet, desktop, POS, Kiosks, large screen applications, and web applications for high profile clients from around the world. He is also involved with developing next generation concepts in the areas of gesture technology, augmented reality, smart car technology, natural language search mechanisms and industrial design.
- Javed Ahsan –He has eleven-year software development project experience, mainly related to E-Commerce and E-Business application development. On the development side, he has experience of developing community-based internet applications like web-based email, internet chatting, online clubs etc. He teaches at postgraduate and undergraduate levels the modules related to E-Commerce, IS Engineering, Technology Management, Information Systems, and IS/IT strategy.