Join us on November 14th on the BGSU campus for a debate about web usability. The panelists will be discussing how the classic book Don't Make Me Think has affected their work. They will share stories of web usability challenges, failures, and triumphs. They will answer audience questions about the principles that designers and companies needs to understand to be successful.
- Gene Powell, President & Chief Creative Officer, Spoke Design
- Leah DeLong, eCommerce Experience and Product Director, AssuraMed
- Beth Voorhees, Creative Manager for Web and New Media, BGSU
- Mike Osswald, VP of Experience Innovation, Hanson Inc.
- Gwen Betts, Director of Web Operations, Thrive Internet Marketing
- 6:30pm: Meet for networking and socializing
- 7:00pm: Panel begins
- 8:00pm: Panel ends
- After: Go out to a local restaurant/bar for more discussion, networking, etc.
The event is free and open to the public.
Students from VCT 3660, VCT 4820, ARTD 4030 and ARTD 4050 will be attending as credit for their classes. BGSU students from other classes are invited. Professional designers, developers, business leaders and everyone interested in user experience are encouraged to join us as well.
The panel is part of World Usability Day, a day of events around the world that educate people about how to create usable products and celebrate the strides that have been made in making our world work better.