The seventh annual World Usability Day (WUD) event will be celebrated globally on November 10th, in over 40 countries around the world. Join NEOUPA at Dave & Buster's for a FULL DAY of informative sessions, networking, UX vendor booths, and fun!
Morning Hands-on Workshop: What Makes Them Click?
We think that people are logical and rational, and that their decisions are made by careful thinking. But, the reality is that most decisions are made in a largely unconscious way. In this interactive workshop, Dr. Susan Weinschenk will share the research on unconscious mental processing, and the implications for designing engaging and persuasive websites. You will learn:
- About the 3 different brains (old, mid, new) and how sites that talk to all 3 brains are more compelling and persuasive
- How emotions affect decisions to take action at a website
- How to keep and hold the attention of the unconscious mind
- How many choices are too many and what happens if you go over that number
- Practical ways to apply the latest neuroscience research to web design and much more
Afternoon Breakout Sessions
During the afternoon, enjoy 30-minute sessions from a variety of speakers on a variety of topics, including:
- SEO & Usability
- The “Ability” to Achieve Social Media Success
- eWord-of-Mouth - Web Design for Maximum Virality
- Leveraging User Information & Preferences to Send Targeted Emails
- How to Optimize Your Email Usability
- Information Opportunities
8:00 – 8:45 Registration Open
8:45 – 9:00 Opening Announcements / Remarks
9:00 – 1:00 Workshop
1:00 – 2:00 Lunch (included with event registration)
2:00 – 4:50 Breakout Sessions (variety of speakers & topics)
4:50 - 5:00 Event Drawings (must be present to win)
5:00 – 8:00 Social Hour (cash bar, optional gameplay)
- NEOUPA members: $99 WUD only
- Non-Members: $130 WUD only
Special Thanks to this Year’s Sponsors:
SensoMotoric Instruments - Advanced Eye Tracking Systems
Follow all the WUD updates on twitter: #NEOWUD11
Susan Weinschenk has a Ph.D. in Psychology and 30 years of experience as a Fortune 500 consultant and workshop leader. She applies the latest research in psychology to how people think, learn, work, and relate.
Susan is a popular and highly rated keynote speaker at conferences around the world, including UXLX in Lisbon, "The Big Design" conference in Dallas, South by Southwest, Search Engine Strategies, and more.
She is the author of several books; the latest is 100 Things Every Designer Should Know About People, which followed Neuro Web Design: What Makes Them Click, both published by New Riders.