Michigan State University's Usability/Accessibility Research and Consulting (UARC) hosted Michigan's 6th annual World Usability Day event on November 11, 2010, at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center in East Lansing. The theme was Mobile Communications and the event focused on the usability of websites on cell phones, tablets, PDAs, and other portable devices.
WUD 2010 featured presentations by Kris Mihalic (Nokia), Frank Bentley (Motorola), Chuck Baird (State of Michigan), Mark Newman (University of Michigan), Jason Withrow (Washtenaw Community College), and Nick Kwiatkowski (Michigan State University). There was also an engaging networking lunch, UARC lab tours, and private meetings in the afternoon.
Sarah J. Swierenga, Director, Usability/Accessibility Research and Consulting, Michigan State University
- Talking Points: A Mobile Orientation and Information System for the Visually Impaired
- Mark Newman, University of Michigan School of Information
- The Art of Mobile User Experience Research
- Kris Mihalic, Nokia
- Building Mobile Experiences: Testing Rapid Functional Prototypes in Real Contexts of Use
- Frank Bentley, Motorola
- New Usability Process at the State of Michigan
- Chuck Baird, Michigan Department of Technology, Management and Budget
- Best Practices for Mobile Application Design
- Jason Withrow, Washtenaw Community College Internet Professional Program
- Creating Beautiful Android and Apple Mobile Applications Easily
- Nick Kwiatkowski, Michigan State University Telecommunication Systems, Michigan Flex Users Group